Annie Kaill’s has been a Juneau community staple for nearly 50 years! We’re a fun, artistic, quirky, welcoming team passionate about connecting Alaskan artists and makers to Juneau community members and visitors. Interested in joining the Kaill’s Crew? Check below for open positions.
We’re looking for someone with a cheerful, friendly personality who enjoys Alaskan art and handmade goods, and doesn’t mind working hard and chipping in on a variety of roles. Experience with customer service, retail, and framing is a plus.
This position will have a flexible schedule, between 20-40 hours a week, with at least one weekend day.
- Interacting with customers in a prompt, positive, and welcoming way
- Providing information to customers that helps them make informed decisions about the products in the store
- Handling payments and operating the computerized sales system
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of the physical appearance of the store, including daily opening and closing duties
- Gift wrapping, display making, organizing, and selling store merchandise
- Unpacking, checking in, stickering, restocking, and tracking inventory
- Assisting other team members with various duties as needed, including our custom framer
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated, hard-working, detail-oriented
- Able to engage in an inclusive and welcoming way with all who enter the store, including locals and visitors to Juneau
- Positive attitude and excitement about working in a customer service oriented environment
- Previous art, retail, customer service, and framing experience preferred but not required
- Eager to learn about art, retail, customer service, and framing
- Willing to work in a team and contribute to creating a positive working environment
- Able to lift 20 lbs up and downstairs
- Able to maneuver on ladders and squeeze in tight spaces
- Able to work up to 8 hours on your feet
Compensation starts at $15/ hr. and includes an employee discount on store products, great experience, and becoming a part of the supportive and fun-spirited Kaill’s Crew.
If you’d like to join our team, email a resume and a little about yourself, and two references to [email protected] with the subject line “Sales Associate Application”